So this time I rode the bike with a backpack on - makes a bit of difference in balance. All the way across the bridge I kept thinking about falling over in a freak accident and tumbling over the rather low railing into the pass below and being sucked out to sea in a rip tide. (been watching too much Anne of Green Gables). As before, I just barely made it to the bus in time.
I think the husband is going to make me take the bike back. Do pawn shops take things back? I don't know. I felt kind of bike-stupid going into this whole thing but (my excuses - next) that feeling has only been magnified times over. As I mentioned in the previous post I wanted something cheap that rolled and that is pretty much all I got. Now that I have had time to closely examine this bike I realize that in order for brakes and gears to work there have to be cables coming from them, attached to the mechanics below.
![]() |
| Gear shift on left moves easily (because it has no cable) Gear shift on right doesn't move (rusted ). |
Anyway, all the above, plus having forgotten my sunglasses and having to squint for an hour and a half, created the perfect recipe for a headache which I've been trying to get rid of the rest of the afternoon. Live and learn, right?

No comments:
Post a Comment